Scholarships are financial aids provided to students on certain basis, usually academic merit. Unlike student loans, scholarship money does not need to be paid back. They are a way to assist students in getting their way through education, usually higher education.
Money awarded through scholarships are awarded to help relieve students that are already enrolled and their families a significant part of the financial commitments of higher education. Scholarships are awarded by different organizations and bodies for both undergraduate and postgraduate studies in institutes, colleges and universities.
One question to ask is, what the scholarship for. Scholarships are able to provide for a number of costs connected to the higher education- from lab fees to books, rooms and boarding, transportation, tuition and more, usually different percentages for each are differently apportioned by different entities. A scholarship can sometimes be a one time payment and other scholarship awards are renewable meaning they give students funds each academic year or semester.
In some instances, the scholarship is made in the student’s name and paid to them directly. In other circumstances, the funds are given to the institution or school of the student. In this instance, the institution is then paid by the student for the disparity on any money payable for tuition, room and board, and any other fees. In the event the scholarships plus other financial aid are ample to provide for the direct higher education costs, the surplus is reimbursed to the students.
Normally, there are terms and conditions to these scholarships. Some requirements are to maintain a specific GPA (Grade Point Average) or make a payment for certain things to guarantee the scholarship is used for your education. One may bear the responsibility for repaying the money if they expend scholarship funds on things the scholarship rules do not approve or if one fails to meet or honor requirements.
Here are some of the
FULLY FUNDED SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS 2023-24
1) Gates Scholarships 2023 in the USA | Fully Funded | Link: https://bit.ly/3Qdo8gq
2) DAAD Scholarship in Germany 2023 | Fully Funded | Link: https://bit.ly/3x0pqSk
3) Knight-Hennessy Scholarship Program 2023 in the USA | Fully Funded | Link: https://bit.ly/3C5Z6cs
4) Chevening Awards Scholarship 2023 in the UK | Fully Funded Link: https://bit.ly/3Cms7B4
5) Rhodes Scholarship Trust 2023 in the UK | Fully Funded | Link: https://bit.ly/3x4uswD
6) Facebook Fellowship Scholarships 2023-2024 | Fully Funded | Link: https://bit.ly/3SHMb8W
7) Schwarzman Scholarship Program 2023-24 in China | Fully Funded | Link: https://bit.ly/3EdRpm3
8) Singapore International Graduate Award 2023 | Fully Funded | Link: https://bit.ly/3NVLmHj
9) Lester B. Pearson Scholarship 2023 in Canada | Fully Funded | Link: https://bit.ly/32S1DtR
10) University of Alberta Scholarship in Canada 2023 | Fully Funded | Link: https://bit.ly/3pooMMw
11) University of Exeter PhD in Management and business. Link: https://lnkd.in/e2q6dE3m
12) University of Bristol PhD in Human Geography. Link: https://lnkd.in/eWNpNzeg
13) James McCune Smith PhD scholarship at University of Glasgow. Link: https://lnkd.in/ezEE-txQ
14) The Bartlett Master’s Scholarships for Sub-Saharan African applicants at UCL. Link: https://lnkd.in/d82PyA2z
15) University of Liverpool Management School at the University of Liverpool PhD Management. Link: https://lnkd.in/eDz7X7xG?
Source: Society of Black Academics (SBA)
Follow the channel https://lnkd.in/gkEPvCEn run by Barikisu Issaka, M.S for more information on scholarship opportunities